Pune, of late, has become one of the most preferred places by students who are looking for quality education and better opportunities. Pune rightly called as the ‘Oxford of the East’ hosts as many as 30% of the foreign national students coming to India, let alone the students coming from within the country. With a whopping 811 colleges under its umbrella, Pune University has become the second largest university in the country. Over the years, few private and deemed universities have also mushroomed in the city, making Pune suitable to be referred to as “Education Capital of India”.
On completing ones graduation and achieving a PGDM i.e. Post Graduate Diploma in Management, is a safe bet as it assures ones stable career and growth. An array of opportunities can be explored by the candidate once he finishes his PGDM and in a growing city like Pune, the sky is the limit.
So, what makes a PGDM in Pune such a lucrative option?
- Cosmopolitan Culture: The warm and welcoming nature of the people of Pune makes it worth living here. Over the years, innumerable people from different backgrounds have settled in Pune making it a culturally diversified and urbane.
- The Educational Hub: The quality of education available in Pune can never be questioned. Be it the teaching standard or providing the best of facilities in terms of well-equipped infrastructure. Pune has always been in sync with the latest technology & trends. The best of the PGDM and MBA colleges in and around Pune have a well-educated and experienced faculty backed up with friendly and cordial learning atmosphere.
- Better Cost of Living: Staying away from the family as a student is all about living on a budget. Pune, however, has a moderate cost of living. Abundantly available options of eateries and hostels make it easy for students to survive and stick to a modest budget. Getting the same quality of education in other big cities like Mumbai or Delhi, but at a cheaper cost of living makes Pune a better option to pursue your dreams.
- Safety: Safety is the biggest concern for the parents when they send their wards to study in a new city. Pune in terms of safety fares really well. The calm and quiet nature of the city makes it habitable and harmonious for people to stay in. Travelling at late hours is not at all risky as compared to other cities. Pune is one of the safest cities in the country for women with overall low crime rate.
- Transportation: The public transport in Pune is well connected and pocket friendly. The monthly pass system of PMPML buses makes it affordable and convenient for the students to commute around the city. Alternatively cab services like Ola Share and Uber Pool are also quite popular among students.
- Pool of Opportunities: Last yet the most important, the exposure it offers! Pune has multiple options not only in terms of the institutions but also specialization/s that you can choose for your PGDM. Pune gives you a lot of opportunities to connect with right people and get mentored by finest minds in the industry. Finding a suitable placement while pursuing PGDM is one of the most important consideration for any management student opting for such a specialized course. Pune extends number of such jobs in Multinational and many National level companies in and around the city. Proximity to Mumbai, which is the commercial capital of the country and houses headquarters of major companies is an added advantage.
- Every management aspirant aims to get into the best of management institutes which can provide ample opportunities to grow and develop for all their future endeavors, Pune offers number of such institutes that remarkably broaden professional capabilities and make students corporate ready.
- One such institute that is making its mark among the others is IIEBM. One of the leading Business Schools in Pune, IIEBM was established in the year 2000 by Shrimant Vijaysinh Naik Nimbalkar Alias Shivajiraje, scion of the ruling family of Phaltan, District Satara and Col. Vinod Marwaha, a visionary, entrepreneur, and philanthropist.
- Aptly located at Wakad, near the IT Hub of Hinjewadi, Pune, IIEBM offers full time residential PGDM program approved by AICTE with a limited intake of 180 seats. At IIEBM the course is curated keeping in mind industry expectations and program is executed under industry spotlight by putting forth various field studies, market surveys, live projects, seminars, workshops, guest lectures, panel discussions etc. IIEBM also has a very successful placement track record of 94%-96% since inception.
With this aim, IIEBM does not believe in only conducting management program but strives harder to create leaders for life.